[Gold] Method for opening bags, tips + room for improvement.
I’ve heard of a hundred different ways to deal with loot, and it seems to somewhat be up to your preference based on what you’re working towards. That being said, Gold is Life, and ultimately whatever makes the most gold will be the quickest method to use to achieve your goals.
Here’s my method:
- White/Blue items: Salvage with basic salvage kit, cheaper and avoids filling up inventory with sigils and runes. Some people like to use the copper-fed salvage-o-matic, but it costs gems to get so it’s up to you.
- Green Armor: Salvage with a Mystic Salvage kit for a better chance at cloth/leather. Vendor sigils/runes, check yellows to see if worth anything on TP.
- Green Weapons: Two options – 1) Mystic Forge / MF Conduit all green weapons in sets of 4 as often as possible. This presents the opportunity of getting yellow weapons. 2) Mystic Salvage kit all of these items for salvage materials.
- Yellows: Check TP. If the item sells for more than about ~33s, it’s generally worth it to list. Otherwise, salvage w/ mystic kit for Ectos. Use thistool.
- Exotics: Treat the same as Yellows.
When it comes to opening the bags, there are generally two accepted strategies. If you’re going to use the Mystic Forge, you’ll want to open the bags on a level 80, as that will generate the high level items you need to maximize TP/ecto profit. If you’re going to salvage all, open the bags on a level 40-50 cloth profession or 50-60 leather profession, as those brackets will produce the highest value crafting materials. This toolwill help guide you.