[Gold] The worth of Unbound Magic, Blood Rubies, and opening Magic-Warped Items
Full picture album for those who don’t want to constantly click the links.
Ever since the new map (Bloodstone Fen) came out, I was curious about some things:
To answer those questions I set myself a goal: Gather a good sample size of Blood Rubies, I decided on 1000, salvage them, and buy a decent stockpile of the Magic-Warped Packets and the Magic-Warped Bundles. It took me around 3 weeks to gather them, with some days getting around 10 and others around 100. It all depends on time and mood. Anyways, on to the numbers 😀
1000 Blood Rubies
Here is the result of my labor. As you can see I have it divided under 10 Basic Salvage Kits and 1 Mystic Salvage Kits. This is to see if the quality of salvage kit matters. Oh right, you have to confirm each individual salvage and you can’t spam click accept with the blood ruby under the accept button. I suggest not doing it in bulk if you want to keep your sanity.
- 250 Blood Rubies salvaged with Basic Salvage Kits gave 9151 Unbound Magic
- 250 Blood Rubies salvaged with a Mystic Salvage Kit gave 9485 Unbound Magic
- 1000 Blood Rubies in total gave 37408 Unbound Magic
- This is an average of 37.408 Unbound Magic per Blood Ruby.
Time to see how much money you can make with Unbound Magic. The first way to do it is to buy Magic-Warped Packets. They give 10 of any kind of common crafting materials (Green Wood Logs, Gossamer Scraps, etc.) or give 1 ascended crafting material instead (Spiritwoodplank). With the magic I had I bought 100 Magic-Warped Packets for a decent sample size (imo). This is the result
The Chance on a certain kind of material, like a metal, seemed even with every material having 25% of appearing. The tiers seem completly all over the place, but for the sake of giving it value, I’m using the values that I got as truth. The true value of Magic-Warped packets are the ascended materials.
- The value I got for 1 Magic-Warped Packet was 1,1399 Gold
- The average value of 1 Magic-Warped Packet is 91% chance for 0,2957 Gold on common materials and 9% for 9,7206 Gold on ascended materials
- The profit of 1 Magic-Warped Packet is on average 0,6440 Gold
These seemed the most obvious choice for me to make some dough when the map came out. Over time I started to lose faith in the amount of money it contained, but I still was curious so I bought 100 of them. Time to open them and see what they contain! Here is the result
- 1 Bundle has a 41% chance of giving 10 T6 fine crafting materials. This is worth 3,3223 Gold on average
- 1 Bundle has a 25% chance of giving 2 Lodestones. These are worth 1,5112 Gold on average.
- 1 Bundle has a 12% chance of giving 1 HoT Gemstone. These are all 20 silver or below with 2 exceptions which are worth around 7 gold. On average worth 1,9360 Gold
- 1 Bundle has a 22% chance of giving a misc crafting item. These include 10 Globs of Ectoplasm, 1 Giant Eye, 10 Pristine Toxic Spore Samples, 10 Karka Shells, 1 Amalgamated Gemstone, and 2 Mystic Clovers. These are on average worth 1,8344 Gold with Mysic Clovers and 1,1179 Gold without Mystic Clovers
- The value I got for 1 Magic-Warped Bundle was 2,5827 Gold with Mystic Clovers and 2,4267 Gold without Mystic Clovers
- The average profit for 1 Magic-Warped Bundle is 1,3758 Gold with Mystic Clovers and 1,2182 Gold without Mystic Clovers
After knowing the average profit for both Magic-Warped items we can draw some conclusions:
- Magic-Warped Packet is 25,76 Copper per 1 Unbound Magic
- Magic-Warped Bundle is with Mystic Clovers 27,52 Copper per 1 Unbound Magic
- Magic-Warped Bundle is without Mystic Clovers 24,36 Copper per 1 Unbound Magic
- At the moment 1 Unbound Magic is thus worth 26 or 28 Copper, depending on your need of Mystic Clovers
- 1 Blood Ruby is worth 256 Copper as a vendor price
- 1 Blood Ruby is worth 964 or 1029 Copper when converted to Unbound Magic
Farming Bloodstone Fen gave me lots of unstable salvaging scraps. This got me curious: Does the quality of Salvage Kit affect the outcome? The description of the Salvage Kits would imply so. Still, here is the setup. Result 1 with Basic Salvage Kits and Result 2 with Mystic Salvage Kits. One can argue if it matters, but honestly I don’t see too much of a difference. Use this information to your advantage if you see a clear difference 🙂
- Your need for Mystic Clovers determines which Magic-Warped item is the most profitable for you
- There is a rumor about Magic-Warped Packets containing 2 mystic clovers. This could still be true. 100 bags is not a huge sample size.
- It takes around 537,5 days (~18 months) to make back the unbound magic and 50 gold from the Bloodstone Crystal Node
- for calculating profit I used the value of a Magic-Warped item minus the purchase price
- I used the values from GW2Effieciency for calculating the value of the rewards from Magic-Warped Items
- For some Mysic Clovers are dead weight. So for that reason I included a with and a without in the value range
- Although salvaging Rubies gives you the most profit, using them for ascended equipment or saving them for future releases might be in your best interest
- I’m not sure if it’s satisfying or sad to see all the blue bubbles disappear.