The main goal of this method is to finish the fractal on level 40 as fast as possible, loot the last boss chest and repeat. The only other loot you’ll be taking is from the Flame Legion mobs spawning inside the fractal. The main reward from this method is gold, but you also get a good amount of karma (if you need that for any reason).
We choose level 40, because it is the highest tier of the Molten Duo fractal (the fastest fractal), that is susceptible to burst DPS. We tried many other levels, but 40 seems the best. However if your group is really slow lvl 10 might be better.
We prefer 2 Elementalists, 1 Zerk Druid, 1 Mesmer and a Warrior to have Might, Fury, Quickness and a lot of burst DPS.
Firestorm First PoV:
Berserker First PoV:
Effigy: Frost spirit while running, glyphs, LB 2, Axe 4, Axe 5, Axe 4.
If Firestorm: Frost spirit during cutscene, glyphs at the end of cutscene, Axe 4, LB 2, LB 4
If Berserker: Frost spirit during cutscene, glyphs at the end of cutscene, LB 2, Axe 4, Axe 5
If Berserker: Precast CA 4, GoE, LB 2, Axe 4, Axe 5.
If Firestorm: Precast CA 4, GoE, LB 2, Axe 4, Axe 5
Invul/Evade: Glyphs, LB 2, Axe 4, Axe 5
General: Depending on the group GoE has to be timed with the CC. Pets: Bristleback (Burst); Elecrtic Wyvern (CC)
Effigy: Double Evade + Healing skill + FGJ while running, Headbutt, F2, F1, GS 2, evade inside, GS 3 back to group for portal.
If Firestorm: FGJ before cutscene, double evade and healing skill + FGJ at the end of the cutscene, GS 2, GS 3.
If Berserker: FGJ before cutscene, double evade and healing skill + FGJ at the end of the cutscene, Headbutt (can be used from range to hit bevore he gets visible) , F2, F1, GS 2 , GS 3.
If Berserker: Pre evades, Headbutt, F2, F1,GS 2 ,GS 3.
If Firestorm: Pre evades, Headbutt, F2, F1,GS 2 ,GS 3.
Invul/Evade: Pre evades FGJ, Heal,GS 2, GS 3.
General: A big misconception is that warr is supposed to be the main CC of the farm, which is wrong. If CC is lacking it is usually the mesmer’s fault.
For example: Possible mesmer shield 5 CC
If your mesmer is slacking and CC is bad/slow mace 5 can be used at the start of a fight.
Scholar Runes: Fried Golden Dumplings are needed for the FGJ duration or FGJ has the be used inside the cutscene with alacrity.
Strenght Runes: Bowl of Sweet and Spicy Butternut Squash Soup should be used; no boon duration food needed; FGJ can be used before the cutscene as described in the rotation.
Effigy: Air Overload while running, Glyph, Air 5, Fire 2, Fire 3, IB 3 + 4 (Fire 2 + Overload if needed)https://youtu.be/V5Yz0dNtflg
First Boss: Precast Glyph + Air Overload, Air 5, Fire 2, Fire 3 https://youtu.be/AE4z51dKJP8
Second Boss: Precast Fire 5 + Fire Overload, Fire 2, Fire 3, Air 5 https://youtu.be/k0gYSxJ85NU
Invul/Evade: IB 4 + 3, Fire 2, Fire 3, Air 5 https://youtu.be/WhKvVkaHB4o
General: It is important that Elementalists use “Bolt to the Heart” instead of “Fresh Air”.
Start: Portal as you load in
Effigy: Precast Well, Shield 5, SoI, Shield 4,Sword 2, Focus 5, F1, Portal, pull mobs.
If Firestorm: Alacrity Well before cutscene is over, Shield 5, SoI, Sword 2, F1, F2, Healing Well.
If Berserker: Quickness Well before cutscene is over, (Continuum Split if you have cd problems) Shield 5, SoI, Sword 2, F1, F2
If Berserker: Precast Sword 3, Timewarp,Sword 2, F1, F2
If Firestorm: Precast Sword 3, Shield 5,Sword 2, F1, F2
Invul/Evade: Timewarp, IB 4 + 3, Shield 5 (SoI if no Timewarp) ,Sword 2, F1, F2.
General: F4 should be used to prevent interrupts or to prevent losing your scholar buff. If CC is lacking for the “Berserker First” way, the Elite Well can be used, but then IB can’t be used for possible Firestorm evades.
- The speed of re-entering is determined by the slowest loading time in the group, so make sure you do everything you can to lower your loading time.
- You should always /GG in lobby before you click ready to ensure that the druid has full astral force and everybody has cooldowns ready. You can enter dead, you’ll spawn alive.
- Gear is full berserker with Scholar Runes for everyone. Force and Impact sigils. Please try to have high amount of AR to get full benefit of the precision bonus.
- Consumables are: Fractal potions, Powerful Potion of Slaying Scarlet’s Armies, Bowl of Sweet and Spicy Butternut Squash Soup (Elementalists/Druid can use Seaweed Salad if they are going to have 100% up time. Warr can use Fried Golden Dumpling)
- The fastest person should be running over the bridge: Mesmer (if axe toy is avaible) or Warr (if no axe toy is avaible in the group)
- [A Berserker Invuln Phase PoV will be added soon]
- Bosses are directly vulnerable after the cutscene even tho they are not visible. If an invisible boss gets stunned, he only appears after the stun is over or does not appear at all if he dies during the stun (as seen in the video.)
- This is no-where a perfect run in the video, instead it is one of many good runs. Faster than this would be speed-clear mentality and wouldn’t be realistic (waiting for all to load in first, axe toy together and so on.)